Includes CoolBox and lid, one blue cooling cartridge, one CoolRack CFT30 module for 30 cryogenic vials, insulator pad to insulate exposed top surface of sample module (optional use), red stage for elevating sample module when using dry ice (optional use). Purple only.
Cool, (snap)freeze or transport a variety of sample tubes safely without worry of contamination or temperature variation. "Gripping" vial wells are tapered and enable one-hand vial opening and closing, regardless of vial shape or brand.
Temperature and duration:
- +0.5℃ to 4℃: Use blue cooling cartridge to keep samples cold for up to six hours with lid off, up to 10 hours with lid on
- -18℃ to -10℃: Use green freezing cartridge to keep samples frozen for up to four hours with lid off, up to 6 hours with lid on
- -30℃ to -25℃: Place dry ice in the bottom of CoolBox instead of using a reusable cartridge. Cover the dry ice with insulator pad. Then rest CoolRack tube module on the insulator pad for up to 5 hours of freezing.
- -78℃: Place dry ice in the bottom of CoolBox instead of the reusable cartridge. Rest CoolRack or CoolSink module directly onto the dry ice for up to six hours of cryogenic temperature.
- -150℃: Place a small CoolRack (6 or 15 tube wells) on the bottom of the CoolBox and surround with liquid nitrogen. Maintain LN2 midway up the side of the CoolRack for hours of ultralow freezing temperature.
Dimensions: 6.5 x 6 x 5 in. (W x L x H)