A dense prepleated filter paper for collecting very small particles and removing fine precipitates.
- Savings in time required to quadrant-fold circles to fit conical filter funnels in repetitive or multiple analyses.
- Decreased overall filtration time because of the extra surface area exposed; the normal slow down of filtration speed due to the loading of particulate is postponed.
- Increased total loading capacity as more filter area is available.
- Maintained flow rate due to the reduction in filter paper contact with funnel side and the self-supporting shape of the filter itself.
- The prepleating does not significantly affect any of the technical data, and the same figures may be used for the flat circles.
Time-saving Whatman qualitative grades are offered in this convenient form, which gives major advantages over flat circles.
Grade 602h ½: < 2 µm
Used in sample preparation (e.g., in the beverage industry for residual sugar determination, acidic spectra, refractometric analysis, and HPLC). Also available in flat stock form as Grade 602 h.