The NEW, Enhanced Brookfield Ametek UL Adapter is used with any standard Brookfield Ametek Viscometer and Rheometer to make accurate and reproducible measurements on low viscosity materials.
Newtonian and non-Newtonian materials can be measured. It is most commonly used with the LV series instrument (at 60 rpm, these models have a full scale range of 1-10 cP with the UL Adapter). The UL Adapter consists of a precision cylindrical spindle rotating inside an accurately machined tube.
Its rheologically correct cylindrical geometry provides extremely accurate viscosity measurements and shear rate determinations. The tube has a removable end cap which allows the open ended tube to be used in a beaker or tank. With the cap in place, the closed tube can be immersed in a temperature bath or used with the a water jacket for precise temperature control. Working temperature range is from -1°C to 100°C.
Why do You Need a new UL Adapter?
- The new design saves a significant amount of time on set up and tear down of equipment
- The new spindle, with universal connector, is easier to thread onto the viscometer
- The entire assembly can remain in place between tests with only the chamber being removed to prepare the next sample for testing
- Ideal for low viscosity materials
- Stainless steel parts are easily cleaned
- Removable cap of low density polyethylene can be considered disposable for one-time use if required
- Reduces measuring range to as low as 1 cP, depending on viscometer used
- Small sample size: 16 mL
- Simple attachment to a standard Brookfield Ametek Viscometer or DV3T Rheometer
- Cylindrical geometry provides defined shear rates for detailed product analysis
- Longer coupling nut for better grip and twist action to connect spindle to viscometer
- Redesigned bracket for attaching ULA assembly to viscometer. Provides more clearance for finger grip on coupling nut
- Simply loosen thumbwheel and chamber slides down and out
- Permits rapid testing of multiple samples by swapping out chambers
- Choice of leaving spindle attached to viscometer or disconnecting and removing it with chamber
- Water jacket sleeve remains in place attached to the viscometer while the chamber and/or spindle only are removed. Saves set up time for the operator.
- Sturdy collar attaches to locating channel assembly which is connected to the viscometer pivot cup
- Sample chamber is held firmly in place by the collar which provides proper alignment for the spindle rotation within the chamber
- Universal coupling nut on spindle ensures firm connection with viscometer and automatic self-centering of spindle in chamber during rotation
- Direct immersion of chamber in temperature bath is quick and easy
- Water jacket grips slide over collar and operator manually aligns the collar/jacket assembly to allow easy insertion of chamber containing sample to be tested